Chinese New Year (CNY) holiday: a long weekend (Saturday-Tuesday), we decided to go for a Cuti-Cuti Malaysia trip to Langkawi for 3D2N. A reward for my small achievement; having presented my research progress to the faculty 2 days earlier.
We booked AEROCAB to pick us up at 640am, since our usual ride AIRPORT LIMO (AL) fully booked this holiday season. Similar with AL, driver arrived punctual to time, and we were informed of driver contact number beforehand. The 1 hour ride was smooth. Since we checked in via web earlier, we had ample time to drop our luggage and settled for a cuppa.
Flight to langkawi took one hour. We just realized that Four Points by Sheraton is just two minute away from the airport. We arrived at 1130am. Official check in time is at 3pm. But the front desk staffs were kind enough to allow us to check in early. We paid for the Junior Suite, but luckily received free upgrade to a Premier Suite.
I was stunned by the breathtaking view from the infinity pool. It’s the main attraction of this hotel.
They also provide a kiddy pool and a playroom for children.
HOTEL REVIEW: FOUR POINTS BY SHERATON, LANGKAWI
Our Premier Suite was EXTREMELY HUGE (926sq feet) – as if we brought half of our home space here. Typical suite with a kitchenette, dining table for 4, a living area, and lounge sofas. Bathroom with bathtub was spacious. The bedroom and living area was separated by a sliding door. Useful to maintain privacy if you’re having guests. Big flat screen TVs in bedroom and living area. The Premier Suite located at ground floor, with full view of the beach, and a few steps away from the swimming pool.
We had the chance to swim on first and second day of our stay. Luckily our room located nearby the pool.
After spending 3 days and 2 nights there, the good and bad things about the resort are:
+ Near to airport. Our taxi ride was less than 10 minutes.
+ Quiet location. Away from the busy Chenang Beach. Good place if you just want to relax.
+ Very spacious room. Our Premier Suite can really fit a family of 6 nicely plus your shopping stuff.
+ In-room Wi-Fi was available for free. Signal is OK at the living area but not at the bedroom.
+ Large and nicely keep infinity pool, with a kids pool available. The scenery at the pool during sunset was stunning. The pool was open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. so lots of time for swimming. The infinity pool was facing a private beach which was clean and nice to hang out.
+ Gymnasium which open 24 hours a day. The equipment – a weight station, two thread-mills, two exercise bikes, two elliptical-trainers – were almost new and in good condition. The gym was almost always empty so if you are gym buff, you can get a a good workout there which I did.
+ Easy to get taxi to go anywhere, if you are renting a car/van. Just tell the front desk personnel and they can get you a taxi really fast.
– The room was soulless. It was very bare and bland. The resort has some sort of minimalist concept, but it was simply taking the concept to the extreme. It will not do any harm to put some decorations.
– Not value for money. For a big sum of money, we expect way better. As an example, the room did have a small pantry with complimentary coffee making set and lots of shelves and drawers, but no mini fridge. While this did not affect our stay, but having to countless Hotels and Resorts where many of them were way cheaper and smaller but can provide a mini fridge as a standard, why not a Premier Suite which should be one of best room available in this resort? Breakfast was average, selection was limited but the charge was RM50 per head. No room service.
– Maintenance was an issue. Bedsheet was stained, big cracks can be seen on the wall, our front door’s chain lock was damaged, floor tiles was stained. While the room was made up every morning but there was no effort shown to get things repaired.
– If you are afraid of insect especially ants, take precaution. We had ants invasion after we left our soft drink uncovered on the tea table overnight.
– No ‘Please Do Not Disturb’ and “Please Make Up My Room’ sign. Unless you are happen to be in the room and lock the secondary lock/knob, there is no way for you to tell the Housekeeping personnel to give you privacy during the morning rounds.
If you are on business and need to be near to airport, with money to spent, and just need a room to drop off your bags and doze off, this resort will be good for you. The resort is also good for someone who likes to swim at pool or working out at the gym, as long as not spending much time at the room itself. However if you looking for value for money, excellent services and attention to details, think twice.